Acne is mainly related to the activity of sebaceous glands of dermis that responsible for the production of sebum. Sebum helps in carrying the dead cells and other waste products to the outer skin surface.
So acne is an inflammatory disorder of the skin resulting from an overactive sebaceous gland (which secrets sebum) that blocks the hair follicle, the passage that leads from the sebaceous gland to the surface of the skin. Thereby the blocked substances, with sebum, bacteria and other substances form plugs in the follicle and the infection is manifested, first as white head, latter black head. It is marked by the eruption of pimples or pustules especially on the face.What are the causes of acne?
1. External Factors: pollution, direct exposure to sun over longer duration etc.
2. Internal Factors: heredity, hormonal imbalances, stress, constipation etc.How to prevent acne?
1. Do Pranayama (It is a breathing exercise for purifying the blood and vitalizing the inner organs), Khumbhaka(In yoga it is a breathing exercise in which the breath is retained in a state of suspense when the mind is relaxed).
2. Drink enough water.
3. Do not wash your face more with soap.
4. Try to avoid the causes.Simple Home remedies:
Take 3 tablespoons of honey and 1 teaspoon of cinnamom powder. Make it paste and apply on affected area. or
Take 1 tablespoons of Lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of cinnamom powder. Make it paste and apply on affected area. or
Cinnamon has the antibacterial and antifungal properties; whereas lemon can remove dead skin cells.
-You can also rub fresh garlic on and around affected area.
Garlic has antibiotic properties that help destroying the bacteria thus containing the growth of acne.
-Make a paste of neem leaves with turmeric powder. Apply this paste on the affected area.
Neem has got antibacterial properties making it effective in controlling epidermal dysfunctions such as acne.
- Apply fresh tomato pulp on the face.
Tomato is known to have anti-oxidants and contains vitamins A & C. Vitamin C in tomatoes can rejuvenate the dull skin and vitamin A is involved in formation of healthy skin.
Apply a paste of orange peel powder with water on affected area. Wash it off after 30 minutes with lukewarm water.
The citric acid in orange soothes and softens skin removing pore-clogging impurities.
-Apply cucumber juice on the face.
Cucumber has hydrating and astringent properties.