Yoni stands for womb or source.yoni mudra invokes the primal energy inherent in the womb or source of creation.
1. assume a comfortable meditation posture with the head and spine straight.
2. place the palms of the hands together with the fingers and thumbs straight and pointing away from the body.
3. keeping the pads of the index fingers together, turn the little ,ring and middle fingers inward so that the backs of the fingers are touching .
4. interlock the little ring and middle fingers.
5. bring the thumbs towards the body and join the pads of the fingers together to form the base of a yoni or womb shape.
1. the interlocking of the fingers in this practice creates a complete cross connection of energies from the right hand into left and vice versa.
2. it helps balancing the activities of the right and left hemispheres of the brain.
3. it makes the body and mind more stable in meditation and develops greater concentration, awareness and internal physical relaxation.
4. it redirects prana back into the body which would otherwise be dispersed.