1. Fixing your eyes and attention on a particular point is called Trataka.
2. Sit in Padmasana or any comfortable posture and then make a black point on the wall.
3. From a distance of about one meter, gaze at it fixedly without moving the eyelids. When the eyes begin to water, then close them and sit quietly.
4. Instead of the black spot you can start this with moon, a picture of great man or a lamp or a mirror.
5. According to your capacity, you can practice Trataka four hours.
1. By Trataka practice the diseases of the eyes are cured and vision is improved.
2. It removes laziness, drowsiness and controls sleep. The external attention or meditation becomes strong and the mental power increases.