“Prana” means life and “Mudra” means gesture or attitude. It is called Prana Mudra because this mudra awakens the dormant part of prana shakti and distributes it throughout the body.
1. Sit in any comfortable meditation asana with the head and spine straight.
2. Close the eyes and relax the whole body.
3. Rest the hands on the knees with the palms facing downwards.
4. Join the tip of the thumb with tip of little and ring finger. Keeping other two fingers straight.
5. Slowly increase the duration of inhalation, retention and exhalation.
This mudra helps in awakening and raising the life force, ‘Prana’ as well as distributing it throughout the whole body.
It ultimately increases one’s strength, health, mental peace and confidence.