Nearly everyone has had indigestion at one time. It's a feeling of discomfort or a burning feeling in your upper abdomen. You may have heartburn or belch and feel bloated. You may also feel nauseated, or even throw up.
You might get indigestion from eating too much or too fast, eating high-fat foods or eating when you're stressed. Smoking, drinking too much alcohol, using some medicines, being tired and having ongoing stress can also cause indigestion or make it worse. Sometimes the cause is a problem with the digestive tract, like an ulcer or GERD.
Avoiding foods and situations that seem to cause it may help. Because indigestion can be a sign of a more serious problem, see your health care provider if it lasts for more than two weeks or if you have severe pain or other symptoms. Some home remedies are given below which helps to overcome indigestion problem.
1. A spoon of Carrom seeds and Black salt taken with hot water reduces indigestion.
2. Drinking salted Buttermilk everyday helps to reduce indigestion.
3. Eating a piece of Ginger after every meals helps to prevent indigestion problem.
4. Lemon juice with Black salt taken with Luke warm water also helps to cure indigestion problem.
5. Using Garlic or Asafoetida (Hing) in meals also helps to to reduce indigestion.
6. Eating a Banana after every meals helps to overcome indigestion problem.
7. Eating White grapes regularly helps to overcome indigestion problem.
8. Eating Papaya everyday also helps to improve digestion and prevents indigestion problems.
9. Eating Radish with Salt and Black pepper (marich) along with meals also helps in curing indigestion problem.
10. Equal quantities of Cinnamon (Dalchini), Dry ginger (Sutho), Cardamom (Elaichi) powdered, Eating a pinch of this powder helps in curing indigestion.
11. Eating Orange with Black salt after meals helps to get relief from indigestion problem.
12. When you are facing indigestion due to drinking plain milk, add a Long pepper (Pipple) or Ginger piece (Aduwa) or few Cumin seeds (Jeera) while boiling milk.
13. Drinking Mint (Pudina) juice with Honey every morning helps to overcome indigestion problem.
15. Drinking a spoon of Honey helps to reduce indigestion.
16. Makoy leaves and fruits are very good for digestion. Eat them regularly to overcome indigestion problem.
17. Brinjal (Byangan/ Bhenta) especially long one is good for curing indigestion problem.
18. Eating a Gooseberry (Amla) everyday helps to prevent indigestion problem.
20. Drinking a spoon of Basil (Tulsi) juice helps to overcome indigestion problem.
21. Boil Asafoetida (Hing) in water and drink it or applying Asafoetida paste on the naval helps in curing indigestion problem.
22. Boil Cloves (Laung) in water and drink it which also helps to prevent indigestion problem.
25. Eating Aniseed (Sauf) after every meals helps to cure indigestion problem.
26. Back berries (Jamun) are very good for digestion. Eat them regularly to overcome indigestion problem.
27. Eating Guava with Salt helps in curing indigestion problem.
28. Taking Roasted Cumin seeds (Jeera) with Honey helps in curing indigestion problem.
29. Eating Roasted Onion or raw Spring onion ( Pyaj ko Phool) are helpful in curing indigestion problem.
30. Using Sweet neem regularly in cooking helps to overcome indigestion problem.
31. Eating a Cardamom (Elaichi ) after meals also helps to overcome indigestion problem.
32. Eating Sugar cane after meals helps to digest the food and cures indigestion.
33. Eating Bitter gourd (Karela), White goose foot (Bathua) leaves in any form helps to overcome indigestion problem.
34. Eating Black pepper ( Marich ) powder with Lemon juice and hot water helps to reduce indigestion problem..
Patent Ayurvedic drug
PIPALYDI TABLET (Gorkha Ayurved Company)
Doses & administration : Adult: 2 tablets twice a day. Children: 1 tablet twice a day. To be taken orally with water before meal.