The epidemics of the viral fever is all over the globe affecting almost anyone of any age. viral fever is so prevalent that is increasing morbidity and mortatity of people. the fever that is caused by any virus is called viral fever comprising wide varities of signs and symptoms.
Most viral infections are spread by inhalation of droplet particles in air, by intake of contaminated water or food, or by direct contact. Some of the viral infections can be transmitted sexually or by direct inoculation into the blood stream.The body`s natural immunity goes down during change of season. While the body takes its own time to adjust to the sudden rise or dip in temperature, viruses attack the immune system. The fever is self-limiting in most of the cases ranging fron 7-10 days but only few cases can be life threatening.
The symptoms ranges from sore throat, cough, running nose, mild to severe fever,enlarged glands, watery eyes,muscles and joint pain, vomitting diarrhoea, malaise and
generalised weakness. depending on the patients immunity level the severity of disease increases or decreases within few days.sometimes the disease may be dangerous affecting lungs, kidneys, heartcausing life threatening diseases like pneumonia, acute Renal failure,hepatitis etc. there may be secondary bacterial infections also.
The outbreaks of the viral fever occurs every year claiming lives of many. but few simple measures can be useful to cure the fever early and increase immunity to prevent the complications. the use of antibiotics should be limited because the misuse can cause the resistance to it.
- It is easy to catch a viral infection in crowded places like classrooms, theatres and buses. Simple precautions can keep the infections at bay. so, use of masks at the crowd places.
- Avoid eating out, especially street food/hawkers stalls
- Avoid cold beverages and ice-golas
- Boil water and cool it before drinking
- eat plenty of fruits containing vitamin A C,
- If you get an infection, stay indoors to prevent spreading it
- Wash your hands regularly
- Drink plenty of fluids, 8-10 glasses of water for viral patients
- eat easily digestible and light diet.
Some easy available treatmnet of the disease can be
- leaves of tulsi used directly or as tea.
- ginger and honey tea
- cinnamon,licorice,cumin can be boiled and used
- if sore throat gargle with epsum salt and warmwater
Thus, the menace of viral fever can be prevented and many lives can be saved with some simplAe measures.
NOTE: people should consult a doctor if high fever persists for more than three days, pain abdomen, skin rashes with conjuctuvitis, difficulty breathing.