1. Stand erect with joined heels. Take the hand above your head and join them in the posture of Namaskar.
2. Inhale and vend towards left form the waist.
3. Exhale and bring the body back in the straight position.
4. Repeat this by bending the body towards right. Concentrate on Manipur Chakra.
1. In stretching the muscles on both sides this asana makes the body flexible.
2. It improves the functioning of the heart and the lungs.
3. The liver, the stomach and the intestines are also strengthened by its practice.
4. It improves digestion and increases appetite.
5. It gives relief to those suffering from sciatica.