• Brief History of Ayurveda in Nepal
• Specialties of Ayurveda
• Introduction to fundamental concepts and principles of Ayurveda
• Theory of five basic elements (Panchamahabhootha) and Three–Doshas
• Concepts of Dosha – Dhathu – Mala – Srothas - channels -Agni (Concept of digestive fire) and concept of ‘Ojas’ (the essence of body)
• Health-Immunity-Nature- Ayurvedic perspective
• Constitutional Analysis(Prakruti Parikshan): Understanding the constitutional types, Practical evaluation of physical and mental condition
• Concept of digestive fire/ Diet / Food and incompatible food
• Panch Nidana: The Ayurvedic diagnosis Method of Disease
• Sadvidh Kriyakaal: The six stages of disease manifestation
• Prevention and curative aspect of Ayurveda
• The role of six tastes in disease prevention and treatment
• Ayurvedic concept of Daily routine and seasonal regimen
Expected Outcome: After successful completion of course, you will be able to
a) Understand Basic principle of Ayurveda
b) Identify the different Ayurvedic Body Types
c) Understand the Ayurvedic concept of Metabolism, digestive fire, Health and Immunity
d) Identify the root cause of diseases, process of its development and diagnosis methods.
e) Know the preventive and curative aspects of Ayurveda and use the six tastes in treatment of disease
f) Adopt the healthy daily lifestyle and seasonal activities
Course Availability: Any time of the year at the convenience of the student.
Eligibility: No prior Ayurvedic knowledge required.
Duration: 24 hours (4 to 12 days with favorable time of participants)
Course Fee: $150, NRs 5000 (for Nepalese)